"
update: I will be posting a brand new entry asap!!! This one is from late last month ;) More to come ;) Love u all :)
Hi everyone, how are you all doing? Hope everyone is doing great :) Just thought I would have a quick entry here!! I have lots of pics to share and some updates ;) Lets see first of al, BIG news we got our 1st choice school that we picked for Danielle to go to in the fall. We cant believe it. See for those of you who dont know, in the county where we live you have to pick top 3 schools that your interested in your child attending. Its called the Choice program. I think its ridiculous. Also from what some parents told me it s pain to do. I think its crazy because back when I went to school you went to the school closest to your home period. With this program a kid could go to school way far from their home its insane. Well though what can you do? Lol. Anyway we had top 3 choice schools we liked for Danielle. Rarely you get your first pick from what I have been told. Sure enough last week, we found out we got our 1st choice school for Danielle. We are soo happy. We have to register her next Tuesday. It's a night where you can attend, have pizza, drinks, talk to the teachers, tour classrooms, find out about the curriculum. A great chance for Jay and I to ask many questions, lol. We sitll cant believe our baby is going to kindergarten this yr we just cant. I am doing all that I can right now to prepare her.
Its getting crunch time you know, lol. I am trying to get her to write out at least her first name by the time she starts school. Know more of her numbers to memorize her home number. Just the basic thingsand a little more. We have a activity book that we try to work with her at least every other day to get her to trace the letters. Shes doing ok with it but its hard to try to get her to understand there's lowercase and uppercase letters. I just wish and I know Jay does too that we got in gear and got her to preschool. I cant help but worry how Danielle will do. However I talked to several of my friends, my family and they all assured me they really feel Danielle will be fine. I mean one of my oldest, dearest friends who's a school teacher told me how advanced Danielle has always been. We have faith in our baby gurl its going to be ok ;) Lets see what else is going on. Jay is doing ok, no news about him moving up to a higher position yet. Hopefully it will happen sooner then later. However as of now, Jay is thinking of looking for work elsewhere. It's a long story but the short version mainly of course because of money, two its taking too long for him to move up and 3, they wouldnt cooperate with changing is hrs so that he could get home in time for me to go to work ;( Its been frustrating. Speaking of work, I have my new job. I am working at a grocery store across from where we live not far at all, lol. I trained this week and then next week I have a norm schedule. I will most likely work Fri and Sat and one day during the week or two. So the extra money will help big time. Im excited about it. Hopefully it will work out this time. It may not though because the time I leave to go home, its pretty late. That may not work for Jay and Danielles sleep schedule, we will see. My family is doing good. My brother is fine, his kids are doing great. They will be going to 3rd grade in Aug. Unreal, lol. There doing great in school too. My moms working lots, Prob too much. She has been sick a lot lately just a bad flu but shes better now. My mom recently found out she has type 2 diabetes. So she has been taking meds, really watching her sugar content her carb content. Something for her to get used to. I check with her everyday always asking her how her blood sugar is, lol. I worry about my mom cant help it. But she is doing ok other then that :)
Thats really about it and my bday just passed as u all know, lol. Ty to all soo much for all the bday love,comments, ecards, snail mail. U all are the most wonderful friends ty again!!! I still am in denial I am 28. Haa. I know its not old but I just cant believe that I am near 30 I cant, lmao. Anyway I had a wonderful bday though. During the day my mom tok me and Danielle out to lunch. It was nice to have a mom, daughter and grandaughter meal together. Then after it was girls shopping, lol. Mom took us to Target she bought me a new bathing suit, shoes, a new top and shorts and of course she had to get some things for Danielle too, haa, lol. Then after the shopping, she dropped us off, I chilled with Danielle till Jay got home. Then he came home with this nice bday balloon, a beautiful bday card and cake. We brought the cake over to my moms so that her, Damien, the kids and all of us could have some. We hung out with them for a while then after Jay took me and Danielle out to dinner. It was a busy and fun day ;) I really got spoiled this yr, lol. Besides the nice dinner Jay took me to, he also let me order some things from Avon, bought me some shirts and shoes also. Anyway the pics you will see in the slideshow are from last Fridays baseball game Jay took me to. It was a nice evening alone while mil watched Danielle for us. We love going to the baseball games when we can and cheer for our Rays. They lost that night by one damn but still a fun game. I got some video from there also. Then other pics in the slideshows are from my bday. Enjoy all ;) I wish I had more to say but not much else, lol. Hope all of u are well :) Take care and I hope to update more agian soon!!!
*hugs and love, Leslie
Baseball movie link:
http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/jasonsangel26/?action=view¤t=f527868a.flv
slide show link :
http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gallery.php?instanceid=66002554














3 comments:
Ahhhh, so that's where you've been.....hiding over at Myspace!
Have a great weekend!
Chris
http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com
I love what you have done with your sidebar. <----- over there.
It looks great. Love the pics of you and jay and Danielle. You are a beautiful family.
I am so happy that ya got your 1st choice of school for Danielle.
I am keeping Jay and his work issues in my prayers!
Are ya still working at the grocery store? We really need to catch up!!!
Your mom is in my prayers as well. Type 2 diabetes.... OH NO! I hate to hear that. I know how close you and your mom is so I know how bad you must worry about her. I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant for Nicholas and it was awful. I had to poke my finger 4 types a day to check my sugar levels. My poor fingers were so sore from all the needle holes.
I loved the movie and slide show.
Love ya,
Angel
Awesome post. I am so happy that you got Danielle in your first choice school. That is awesome. I have never heard of the Choice thing. Wow. That really doesn't make sense. My town is so small that we only have 5 elementary schools and one of them is on the air force base, then one intermediate school, one middle school and one high school. So we really don't have a lot of choice in the matter. lol. If you are working with Danielle she should be fine in Kindergarten. If not, then you can work with her a little more and harder during the school year. I have faith that she will do fine. Are you still working at the grocery store? I haven't hear you talk about it or anything. I really hope that Jay can move up in postions or another job that pay good enough for the family! I use to love going to baseball games, well you know the AAA leagues, but here in my town I have to settle for little league and church leagues, lol. I am so happy that you had a great birthday. Every woman deserves to be spoiled!! You are so lucky to have such a great husband that knows your value and spoils you!!! Well I am off to read more of your entries.
Amanda
Post a Comment