
** Ty Jenny & Donna for the beautiful tags!!!
Hi every1, *waves* Im still here & alive, haa, lol. Again its been a while since an update im so sorry. Life is just really hectic, good, bad and busy, lol. Hows is every1? I hope good ;) I realize the last blog entry i had is didn't get many comments on my aol journal that made me *sad* sniffs. lol. Its ok i am hoping at least many of you all lurked but didn't comment. I havent been too great making my comment round too. Please know i try to get to all of your guys journals and if i havent, i do read and im on my way, lol. Now heres the part where i explain how we are and why its been so busy, lol. Well first thing 1st Danielle started kindergarten! I know many of you have been readers of my blogs for yrs. Some fo you known Danielle when she was only 2. So yeah our little baby is not a big girl and in school! We cant believe it still. Last week was hectic. 1st last Monday we had Open house at Danielles school. It was basically to go there meet Danielles teacher, get acquainted with her classroom and the school itself. The Open House turned out great :) We walked in Danielles classroom, met her teacher Mrs. Clock whos a nice lady. Saw the classroom, its a big size, really neat too with all kinds of different things to do and stations for the kids to play in. Danielle had a chance to pick out her seat i am guessing for part of the yr or whatever. We had to place Danielles name tag that goes on top of her seating table. I decided to help Danielle choose by putting it across from this girls name that was already there, named Amy. Sure enough now there good friends ;)

Anyhow, prior to Open house though for the past few weeks, Danielle has had some excitement about school. But also anxiety, ups and downs. Her saying " i dont want to go, i will miss u mommy" all that. I shouldnt have expected this given well she has never been to preschool. I have been taking care of her at home daily for 5 yrs of her life. We all knew this was going to be a BIG change for hear and not a easy transition. It isnt for any child on their 1st day of school in Kindergarten. Anyhow during Danielles first week of school, Jason got the few days off of work. That way we both can take hear and pick her up that week. It worked out great :) Well that part anyway, lol. The rest well heres a recap of Danielles first week of school...
1st day, it went pretty good ;) She cried a bit during nap time the teacher had told us. Danielle did cry a bit when we brought her in the classroom. I think she was more in shock then anything, wondering where she was and what was going on, lol. Danielle made her 1st friend that day too, Amy
2nd day: Not so good :( Jay & i were called to pick up Danielle or to go to school and calm her down. It was a meltdown day for her. The teacher said she had been crying on and off all day. Jay & i were at my mils visiting, doing some laundry there. So off we went to Danielles school. We talked to the teacher a bit, the principal too. Then had lunch with Danielle at school to see if we could calm her down. Nothing really did. We had no choice but to take her home.
3rd day, better thank goodness, still some crying more at naptime but a better day! Last Friday her last day of school for the week the same. She did well that day.

However it still was a tough week for Jay and i. For me more letting my baby go. I know we picked a great school. All though for a few days i did quesiton about the teacher and all. But i realized i may have been wrong. I was just concerned the teacher didn't seem patient enough with Danielle. Not rude or anything just not used to a child like Danielle who hasnt went to school prior to this and is not used to structure sadly. Jay & I were also concerned from what we could tell the other kids knew how to kind of draw already. How to write a bit of their name and some letters. Danielle well basically 1st time for her. I did practice with her all i could this summer but we didnt get to master writing her name too good. However she has gotten down writing the letter D and the rest of her name pretty good with some hlep :) We had talks with the guidance counselor over the past few days expressing our concerns about Danielle. We had to let them know repeatedly, the teacher, the principal and staff that this si Danielle 1st time ever in school. They are getting that now finally and a feel of what Danielles knowledge is of things. Great news is she has adjusted better the past couple of days. Its a new week. yeah i admit i panicked a bit last week, lol. I wanted to ty u all soo much for listening to me, giving me advice, just being there for us. Cause it is true what they say. Its really hard on Danielle but tougher on me, the mom, lol. Its so quiet here without her now. I cant believe my little baby is not a baby. I miss her so much. But i am also so proud of her. Jason is too. he loves coming home everyday from work and seeing all the progress and things she has done in school.

** Ty Monti for the beautiful tag :)
As i said, the last two days have been great! Monday, Danielle got an award for good behavior and self motivation! Yesterday she had another good day too. The teacher wants to setup a conference with us, which i think we are going on Friday, wish us luck. We are sure things are ok though. The teacher assured us in a note that Danielle is doing better and better each day and that she is at the level she should be with the other kids. So yeahh Danielle!!!! Its just such a great thing all around. She has more structure and routine in her life which she needed. Jay & i do too. I ahfd doubts at 1st with the school and all how they were handling it but after talking to them about our concerns and all it seems like its getting better. the guidance counuselor checks in on Danielle daily and anoter teacher checks in on Danielle too. This teacher teaches pre kindergarten across from Danielels class. Its just so exciting! I mean all of it. Its great to hear all the time abotu her day, what she did in music, art or PE class. So that's whats going on with Miss Danielle :) As for hubby hes doing good. Still working at the same store, the grocery store he works for. His 2 yr anniversary there passed. he got a raise, yeahh hunny! It wasnt much though ;( But still a raise ;) Good news is, well lets hope it really does happen and go thru cross ur fingers for us please ;) Theres a new store opening. Its a bit further away but not too bad. Jason put in a request to transfer to that store. He requested to do either a administrative position there or office. Since well at his current store now he cant. Thanks to the jerk boss he works with. Another story. lol Jason is still also looking for other employment opportunities elsewhere too. As for I, im still an Avon lady. I wish i could get a pt time job while Danielle is at school. Sadly there no way really right now. Unless hubby finally has a set schedule and yes i still need to get driving. I know, i know, lol. I am for real working on shortly here. That way it will be easier to get Danielle into school. As i said the Avon is going great. I have regular customers, good sales every Campaign. I am loving it!! Im excited about the holidays, hopefully bring in more money and gaining new customers. I love working at home and in my own pace. Theres so much you can do with this business ;)
All in all we are ok for the most part. Money situation still tight but we are getting caught up and doing all we can to improve it all. That's it really, lol. The most exciting thing right now is Danielle and school. All though today poor baby ended up staying home today cause shes sick with a bad cold/flu. Hopefully she will be better tomorrow. She still complains a bit in the am that she doesn't want to go but i know deep down she loves school. Its just her missing mommy part that's tough for her but we are getting thru it. Ok i guess that's it all. I really hope to update next time sooner then this but i cant promise, lol. Here are some great recent pics though of Danielle in her new school, in her uniform she has to wear and more. Enjoy ;) Hope to hear from u all! Take care, love u guys!
4 comments:
Hey Les! :-)
I decided I'd come and comment over here since you said the last entry didn't have any, so here I am! I'm so incredibly glad that Danielle is finally adjusting to everything, it's a huge transition for her, and now she's probably going to start making new friends, and becoming accustomed to all the new routines.. :-) That's so awesome, she looks adorable in her pics. I'm so sorry it was hard for you also, but that's only normal, she's your only kiddo! :D Whens #2? Do yall plan on having any soon? ANyway sweetie, loved the entry. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Jay! XOXO -Kim
Hey.... glad to her your daughter is doing better with school.... it's hard.. sometimes I think harder on us then them.. they just show it more.. we can't. LOL
Glad to see you posting.. hope to see more of ya :)
hugs
d
omg, school . . . . she's not old enough, she's only 2!!!! Dang am I getting old. First week or two is always tough, more so on the parents than the child :) Pretty soon daddy will be shopping for the perfect gift for when his little girl starts dating . . .
shot gun. =)
always thinking of you guys
Steph~
I know I already commented in your my space blog but I still wanted to come by your AOL journal and leave ya some love.
I love your AOL jornal.
LOVE the graphics.
I hope Danielle is doing well in school and I will keep Jay in my thoughts with the job issues.
I love ya
Post a Comment