Friday, July 28, 2006

July 28, 2002 the best day of our life :)

Preview

 
 
 
 
July 28, 2002 was just another day. Well started off to be anyway. I was about 38, 39 weeks pregnant and at this pt, like many women very uncomfortable, lol. I couldn't sleep well the night before, dont know why really. I guess all the excitement, emotions, worries were racing thru my head. I woke up very early yeah for me, lol around 7 am or so. For some reason i just wanted to jump in the shower first so i did, like i said any norm day pretty much. Jay and i were happy that we were going to my families for a nice fam dinner later on that day to visit all my aunts, uncles and cousins. I knew it was going to be a busy day ahead. While i was enjoying my nice shower, i feel this gush of something. I guess like water, lol coming out of my body. (yeah  i know like u all need to read this right, lol) I am panicking i am thinking, what is this? Is the baby ok, whats going on. Then it struck me, duhh, lol it had to be my water breaking. But no way, I mean Danielle wasn't supposed to be due for another week or less, at least a few more days. So i kind of brushed it off and kept showering but it wouldn't go away. Lets just say i was going like a river, haa. I start yelling "Jason, Jason, hunny, wake up"
 
 
 
 
I hurry out of the shower, put a towel around me, i stay standing on the bath mat so i dont get this mess else where. I am still trinkling but not much as before. Jay is there in our bed peacefully sleeping looking so cute. I yell again, "Hunny, Jay get up, babe"  He stirs and is like, " What hun?" I replied, " Hunny i think my water broke"  Jason then says something like, "No hun ur just dreaming tis not time yet, why are u up, go back to sleep"  He then falls back asleep. So i got towards the bed dont careat this pt what comes out of me, lol. I (i know yucky right, haa) I shake Jason like crazy and yell again, " Hunny, stuff is gushing out of me, i think my water broke, get up, get up"  He then gets up immediately and sees im right. I head to the bathroom u know to potty and told him to call my mom. MInd you, its very early even my mom is still sleeping. Jay tells her what i told him and she says, " Its not ur water braking, tell her to go back to bed, is she spotting, if so that's norm. Shes not due yet its fine." Then a min later, Jay listens to what my moms says and hangs up the phone. Not even five min later, i am getting strong pains. At this pt even though its my 1st pregnancy i know its time and im getting some contractions. Jay calls my mom again hes more awake and alert at this pt and panicking, lol. He tells my mom whats going on, I could hear her over the phone yelling, " Get the bag ready, get dressed, help Les get ready, i will be right there"  Let me tell u no joke about not even 10 min later my mom was there, lol and she didn't live too close. So at that pt we were on the way to Bayfront Medical Center.
 
 
 
 
Once we arrive, we do the standard check in and all. I go to a exam room not a comfy patient room yet. They monitor me for quite a while. Jay and my mom are by my side the whole time, as they do tests on me, do more sonograms on the baby. They make it very clear its today, shes going to be born and its time. At this pt i am in such shock, nervous, happy, just so overwhelmed. Jay, i dont know, lol i dont think he was ready for all this yet. But we had to be. The 9 mos of waiting is done, all the anticipation has finally come to this beautiful, perfect Sunday. Our beautiful little angel will finally be born. After all that, i went thru in my pregnancy. Long story short, i had a cyst that was in my stomach before my pregnancy but had no idea till when i had my 1st sonogram. I was horrifed but stupid drs i had at the time said id be ok. Well fast fwd to weeks later and well i am rushed to the ER. I had to have emergency surgery while I was 16 weeks pregnant. I was soo afraid that i would lose Danielle while my mom and Jay prayed they wouldn't lose the both of us. They basically (the drs) told me before i went into surgery that they at that pt, had to concentrate more on saving me. I was horrified. Danielle is a miracle, she made it thru and so did I.
 
 
 
 
Preview
 
 
 
 
 
Fast fwd to now where we all are in the hospital hrs before her delivery. At this pt, theres my mom, Jason, his mom, his stepdad, hes waiting out in the waiting area, my brothers wife at the time and her sister came by to say hi and check in. There were calls from the fam and now i was in the room where i would give birth to our miracle and angel. They said around 6:00 pm they wanted me to try to push. The hrs went by fast to me at first, then kind of dragged. Then finally it was time for me to get drugged up, lol. Sorry, maybe i am a wimp, haa but no natural birth for me. I went thru enough with that cyst pain. Let me tell u, wayyy worse then having a baby. The worse pain ever in my life. So we got all that setup, then it was waiting time. Im still in some pain from contractions but not too bad. Jay kept holding me, giving me crushed ice, damn i was hungry, lol. Couldn't eat of course or drink all dang day. I want this baby to just come out, lol. Then it was finally time. At first i was so excited to push her out, then it was being a pain, lol. With every1 especially the nurses driving me nuts saying "Oh its not that hard to do, push, push, come on Leslie" I am screaming in pain, i just wanted to kill some1 lol. I was mad, every1 was watching especially all these other drs and ppl who didn't all need to be there. I was kind of embarrassed ppl looking in my area, i mean come on, lol. Finally they say, " Look at all that hair"  " Leslie, you should see look"  Of course i cant dang it, just get her out, im thinking, lol. But i started to cry happy tears as they told me a few more pushes and sure enough like nothing, she fell out, haa. The only way i can describe it really, lol. After almost 10 hrs of labor, our beautiful angel was born. Shes a strong little one i tell u, not much crying. I hear all the nurses, drs gushing saying how beautiful she is, Jay is crying my mom and Jays mom, it was beautiful. They had to stitch me up lets say before i could even hold her cause i got cut, tares. I was sooo tired but all i wanted to do was see the beautiful miracle Jay and i made out of love.
 
 
 
 
Preview
 
 
 
 
 
Sure enough, they hand me a little bundle of joy wrapped in a white blanket. Her face all covered with gunk, lol. She looked like a snowball, lol. Danielle was soo beautiful, perfect and ours. She looked at me with these beautiful eyes. I said to her, " Hi pumpkin its me, mama" She knew and her and i nuzzled along with Jay, We all held each other and from that moment, we all united as our perfect little family, our bond that will always keep us together. It was an emotion i never felt before just such joy and so much love. Then, it was time to bring her to the nursery. This was the happiest moment of our life. So with this.... Happy Birthday Danielle!!!! On July 28,2002 at 6:42 pm, you came in our world. We had no idea what to expect, we didn't know what would come next. We didn't know what were doing, lol, we were so scared to be parents. But all we knew was how much we love you, how much we wanted to care for you, nurture you, be there for you unconditionally, that was enough. We cant believe your 4 already. I know as the yrs go by, i will still shake my head going where does time go? We are soo very proud of you. You are turning out to be a wonderful, beautiful, funny, smart, sweet little girl. You defiantly have ur moments lol but we wouldn't want it any other way, lol. You keep us on our toes. You make our world brighter, more alive and wonderful every sec of everyday. We thank god all the time for you. That he saved you and me during that time we all thought we well..
 
 
 
Preview
 
 
 
 
We love you more then words can ever, ever express. Know we will always always love you, be there for you and always be proud of you. We love you, our pumpkin, our princess Danielle. Happy Birthday!!! I hope you all enjoyed going to memory lane with me for a little bit, lol. I just wanted to share with you all the wonderful day 4 yrs ago Danielle came into our life. Its wayy more of a longer story i would love to share more of another time :) We plan to take little one out to eat tonight. Rather my mom is treating us all out to eat, then cake and ice cream after at my moms. Its going to be a nice fam celebration. Although i wish all my friends and u all can be there ;) I will take many pics and update more soon on her bday. Then Saturday, we will spend the day with Jays mom
and stepdad and celebrate with them. So, a busy weekend ahead. On top of packing to do, things to set up for the move, just craziness. But we are soo happy, finally happy and we know its going to get better. I cant wait, we cant wait to finally get in our new home. I love u all and wanted to ty u all who have sent Danielle bday cards, gifts, wishes, all of it. You all are soo awesome. Before i go, i wanted to give another bday shout out too. I just wanted to give many, many bday love to my bff, my sis Melissa C. I love u soo much hunny. U are the most wonderful, kind, giving, loving best friend. I am soo blessed i have many best friends. I am so blessed God has brought u to my life. We both have been thru hell these past few months and us being there for each other thru it all, i cant say how thankful i am for that. I love u soo much. I am always, always here for u hun. Thanks for everything. Happy Birthday
Melissa!!!
 
 
 
 
Preview
 
 
 
 
 
Ok all, see you soon and send Danielle some bday love, lol :) Love u all, Les
 
 
 
 
Heres a pic of Jason and I when i was about 3 to 4 mos preggie with Danielle :)
 
 
Preview
 
 
 
Heres us with our little bundle of joy :)
 
 
Preview
 
 
Here is our little snowball, ;)
 
Preview
 
 
 
Danielle at 2 1/2, close to 3 yrs old here
 
Preview
 
 
Preview
 
 
 
Last yr Halloween over 3 yrs old
 
Preview
 
 
 
Preview
 
 
 
 
To now, near 4 yrs old, Happy Birthday Danielle!!!
 
 
 
Preview

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday danielle!!!
you are beautiful!
=)


roxy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Little one!!!!

White gunk on head....yuck.  That is why I had my sister, a nurse, go in with Alexis when Trevor was born via C section.  I would have probably passed out, LOL.


Chris
http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday Danielle!!! Wow! Such an amazing story : )

Smiles!
Vincci

Anonymous said...

awww..what a beautiful entry!!! You had some same experiences as me in the heat of having a baby!! LOOL

((HUGS)) Sorry I havent been around much..Brad is back home..and I got a BIG promotion at work..we are trying to find a place and having to relocate while I continue to work about 50 hours a week..lol..so needless to say Im very busy and will be for the next few weeks..Im moving to the big city of Louisville, but thankfully its the good part of town..;)..Hope things are great with you guys...what a great entry! XOXO

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I love that story.  Give be-lated birthday hugd form me.  ~Amy