** Ty Brittany for the tag :)
Hey everyone ;) Heres a audio blog (see above) for your listening pleasure, lol. Of course i get cut off at the end. I hate these 10 min limits, lol. So anyhow listen to the audio first then come back and read this ok? Ok, did you hear it? lol. Then I will continue from where I got cut off. I was just wrapping it up about Danielle and school and her probs with Math class. We will just be working with her as hard as we can till the school yr is over which is a few weeks. 4 weeks to be exact. We are just grateful she did well in her other subjects and we know she is passing 1st grade. We are so proud of her regardless. We know she tried hardest she could. I honestly think its the tests that she just freezes up on. Then she doesnt do well and that affects her grade :( Anyhow i will keep you all posted. I plan to post a vlog soon though. Im hoping in the next couple of days. I am going to try harder to be around more, lol. I missed it here during my no internet time grr. I had so much to catch up on, lol.
Anyhow soon I will post a vlog again. I am thinking of just showing you all random stuff that i love, my fav things. Just special things that are neat and dear to me. Ty my Angel for the idea :) I also want to have Danielle read you all a story too. We have one picked out thats too cute & funny. I hope she will want to do this for you all and not be shy, lol. Well I guess thats it all. I said about everything else in the audio. As always thanks for reading, listening & watching, lol.
I will really try to post soon :)
Love you all, Leslie
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















2 comments:
I don't have Facebook or MySpace so I did not know it was your Birthday last Friday, I'm so sorry that I didn't give you any birthday wishes but I didn't know about it.
I guess that's the downfall to not having a social Network Site.
Anyways HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!
Hey you I have math whiz kids so I will give you some tips on this (they do not have a math whiz mom...)
Number one, comb Borders and find her some fun math type books and by fun I mean game types. The kind that teach math without the kid really knowing thats what it is about. Some good ones I know of are Grapes of Math (I cant recall the author) and Great Estimations. Also, get her a subscription to Mathmania magazine. My kids both had this between the ages of 6 and 9 and they loved it and they learned some stuff too. I know that some of them were too hard here and there and those are the ones we would do together.
Also Caitlins 2nd grade teacher told me that kids who take music lessons will naturally do better at math....so there is something to think about, piano, guitar, clarinet or whatever, it helps kids math ability, indirectly.
Also there is a series of math video games that is really really fun called Jump Start (well they are math but also other subjects) I remember the fractions section was SO fun, my HUSBAND would play it, ha ha
We had jump start 1st grade, 3rd grade and 5th grade and all were WONDERFUL.
I know there are some fun math websites too, though we have never tried those, good luck to Miss D!
Post a Comment