Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Week Happenings, Thanksgiving & Thankful :)

Photobucket


Hi everyone ;) Good afternoon Happy Pre Turkey day, lol. Hope everyone is having a good week. More so, I really wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving. I most likely wont post tommorow so thought i would say that now. I wanted to come here real quick and update since its been a few days. Honestly i didnt post though cause i didnt have much to say till now, lol. Not much new has been going on. It has been a good week though :) Lets see Monday Jays mom picked up Jason, me & Danielle and we went with her to the Tampa International Airport to get Jays gpa. Jays gpa is from Wisconsin, well alot of Jays family lives there. That was where hubby was born too. Anyway i havent been to a airport in ages. I didnt know what to expect especially with it being close to the holidays. It was dead, lol. I guess most people fly out or in for the holidays probably today. So Jays gpa picked a good day to arrive. Anyhow we were about an hr early, so we walked around the airport, got some snacks and waited. Danielle i think liked the airport and thought it was pretty cool. I would have taken pics but didnt have my cam on me darn it, lol. The airport has been remodeled over the years its beautiful now. It was all decked out in holiday decor too. We sat by the area where Jays gpa would come out and we waved at him when we saw him. He almost didnt see us, lol. But he did and we all embraced and had a nice reunion. Jays gpa doesnt get to come by too often i think once a yr. Bless him hes 82 now and having some health probs so its been tough on Jays family. But hes a trooper i give him that, lol. Jays gpa was so happy and surprised to see us. He thought only my mil was going to pick him up, lol. So it was great to surprise him with all of us being there too.

Photobucket


So after we got him, we left and headed back to St.Pete, we all were hungry at that time cause it was about 12 pm. So we went out to lunch to a cute restaurant by Jay and I's place. We chatted, caught up a bit. Jays gpa even payed the bill so sweet of him. We couldnt stay for long though cause Jay had to work that day at 2 pm. So mil dropped Jay and i off back home. D stayed with mil and Jays gpa for the day. Then Jays stepdad brought D back home later. So Monday was pretty eventful :) Then yesterday my niece & nephew came over to spend the day with us. The other day i asked my brother if my mom could drop by his kids over so they can spend time with us. My bros kids will be with their mom for Thanksgiving this yr. Its a bummer but we had them last yr so i guess its only fair. Anyhow my mom bought the kids by after 11 am. We had a great time as always. I love my niece & nephew soo much like my own. I
still cant fathom how grownup their becoming, lol. They will be 10 next yr, ten, lol. My brother has 10 yr old kids, hes only 31. If you have seen my bro trust me, he doesnt even look a day older then 23 i swear, lol. Yes bro im complementing you enjoy haa, lol. Anwyay as i said though we had fun. Danielle had a great time running around with her cousins and playing with them. We even messed around with the webcam and made one of our famous webshows, haa, lol. The kids love when i help them make movies. I have made some pretty good ones too. I will have to post one of them next time. So we had lunch, then played and talked some more. Then we all got in the car and hubby drove us to my moms to drop the kids off. Then it was out agian, lol. We did some window shopping i was trying to find a nice top to wear for Thanksgiving tommorrow no luck grr, lol. Then after we went to my mils for dinner. It was nice to have a meal again with Jays gpa. It was cute too after dinner Jay and his gpa were playing cards. I enjoyed seeing how well my hubby plays cards. I didnt know how good he was at it, lol. Seeing him bond with his gpa is great too. Jays gpa just adores Danielle also. He asked us if my mil could get Danielle this weekend sometime so he can spend more time with her. I thought that was sweet.


Photobucket


So thats whats been going on. I think Danielle has been enjoying her time off from school i have too, lol. Its been nice as I said before to sleep in a bit, have breakfast together as family, enjoy time together. It would be better though if hubby didnt have crazy hrs at work and didnt have to work so much. But well hes got to right, lol. He has a mid shift today though so he will be home around 8 not too bad. Tommorrow he wont have to work cause thank god his job is one of he smart places that arent open on Thanksgiving. Thats one of the many things we like about he company he works for. So Jay will be with us all on Thanksgiving. What are all your plans? Please tell me in a comment i love to read them. Lets see our day tomm will be hectic lol. The am we will get up, i am prob going to start taking out the Christmas stuff so we can decorate soon. I love decking out our place. I have a lot of beautiful Christmas villages. I love setting those up and all the lights, the tree, just beautiful. Anyway then we will get ready and head to my mils first. We will just spend sometime with them. We wont be able to eat with them. But we will at least visit. Then its off to my uncles house in Tampa over the bridge here where we live. My uncle is wanting every1 over there at 3 pm. Its going to be a big crowd, lol about 24 plus ppl. My aunt and her family, my uncles, cousins, etc. Its going to to be great. I will do best i can to get some pics. So thats our holiday plans. Then im hoping Friday night Jay can take me to see Twilight finally, lol. I was really wanting to see it this week but no luck, lol. So hopefully Friday hubby and i can have a date night. Im looking fwd to that its been so long. Ok i think i have blabbed enough and updated you all. Just wanted to let you all know we are fine. I wanted to end this with things that Im thankful for not, just now or tomm but always and every yr! I really encourage you all to do this in your blogs. We all need to think about the things we are thankful for. I got this lovely idea from Heather btw thanks hun.


Things Im thankful for...

God of course and life. Even though life can be so damn hard and trying. Im so glad that im living the life i live and that im able to do things some may not. I just feel that Life is such a precious and beautiful gift no one should take for granted.

Our beautiful, precious daughter Danielle & my handsome, loving hubby. I swear yrs ago if someone had told me you will get married someday to the man of your dreams and have a beautiful daughter. I wouldnt have believed them. Cause yrs ago life was very rough for me. I was really in a dark place. So if it werent for hubby & Danielle, i just dont know. I love them more then anything else on this earth. Their my precious gifts from God i dont and will never take them for granted. Im truly blessed and so grateful for them

My Mom, brother, niece & nephew. There my family they really are. They are loving,
funny, crazy, haa and just amazing. My mom is my best friend. She has been all i had all of my life. I love her more then i can ever express and im so grateful for all that she has done. I love you Mom. My brother he is just simply the best truly. He may not think so sometimes but i admire him for his strength, his humor, his forgiveness. Hes caring, funny as hell, just determined and a hell of a dad. Love you bro! My niece & nephew what can i say? There like my own kids. There amazing, smart, sweet funny. Im so very proud of them. Love u guys. All of my family and Jays family too for being great, supportive when they want to be, lol.

My close friends. You all know who you are :) This entry would be much longer lol, if i list you all. But agian you all know who you are. I thank you all for being there for us, for being supportive of me, my gifts, choices. Im very blessed for the wonderful, close friends i have.

That we have a nice place to live, food in our fridge, clothes on our back and all the things we have. Our health. Sometimes when im really down about things i have to remind myself that there ppl out there who are worse and go without alot. So with that im soo grateful for all that we have.

Now for some random things im thankful for :)

Books, I love books, lol, esp Twilight
Movies, i love watching a great movie
our car that its still running, lol
lower gas prices
internet oh yeah especially youtube and myspace haa, lol
Sims computer games, im really addicted i need help lol
Starbucks esp their yummy hot cocoa and vanilla creme frapp
beautiful cool days outside
beautiful parks, pier, beach to go to
shopping malls, lol
Kisses & hugs
emails, ecards
snail mail

I could say more but you all get the point, haa, lol. With that have a beautiful, fun Turkey filled holiday. Dont go too crazy now, save room for dessert haa, lol. Happy Thanksgiving all :)
Love & hugs, Leslie


Photobucket

6 comments:

D said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you enjoy the time completely.
love ya

LYN said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Theresa said...

I am thankful for our friendship and that we connected again. Happy Thanksgiving honey!

Love you

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I loved your "grateful" list :]

- said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Yesterday was so chaotic that i'm not getting to everyone's Posts from yesterday!

Isn't it amazing that we all cook ALL DAY to eat for like 15 minutes LMAO!!!

Gatta Love Thanksgiving!!!

((HUGS N LOVE))

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your list of all you are thankful for!!
I am thankful for our friendship!!
Love ya
BFFSA
Angel