Thursday, November 20, 2008

Where Have I been, lol & Honored :)



Hey amigos, hows is everyone doing? Hope great. I know, i know its been a week or so since my last entry shame on me, haa, lol. Not that really anyone seemed to notice or miss me? *sniffs* lol, jk. I had to mess with you all, its all good. I told many of you all anyway i wasnt going to have internet for a few days and thats why i was mia. Yeah our internet got cut of due to it being overdo and non payment. Yeah im kind of embarrassed to mention that but well we are all in tough times huh? Anyway so yeah it got cut off on Sunday and then we were able to pay for it to be back on today. So the past few days i was able to hear my email by my aol by phone service. That thing is awesome lol. I love it cause you can hear your email over the phone very convenient. It is but isnt too, lol. You can hear your emails but thats about it. I can get online with my cell phone but its not so great. I got into myspace and my yahoo mail. But of course i couldn't get on to blogger grr, lol. So all this afternoon i had to play catch up here. I really hope i caught up on all of your entries, lol. If i didnt i will be by and very soon just you see, hee, lol. Anyhow before i go on about whats new i just wanted to thank Brittany my girl from Below The Pink Champagne Skies blog.
Here's her link to her awesome blog, http://pinkchampagneskies.blogspot.com/


First of all if you havent read her blog, then go now! lol. Brittany is awesome. I have known her for over 5 yrs now. I met her thru a friend at aol journals yrs ago. I was soo glad too that i did and started reading her blog on there and got to know her over the years. She is amazing at making beautiful layouts & graphic tags. She is funny, smart, strong, a hard worker, great mommy and a BIG hockey fan, hee, lol. If it werent for her, i wouldnt know crap about hockey lmao. (Donna you too, lol) Anyhow if you havent seen her blog yet as i said, go do so. You wont regret it, she is truly a great read ;) Britt talks about her life, Hockey, mainly her her boys the Bruins, hee, lol, and about current events & gets you thinking about things. Anyhow the reason I want to thank her though is because she chose me out of 4 others for the Superior Scribbler Award.

Photobucket


I am soo honored and just speechless still at what she said about me. Agian click on her link above and you will find the entry in her blog there. Sorry im not good with linking here, I have to learn how to do so again, lol. Anyhow again Britt, thank you soo much for picking me & all the sweet things you said it meant the world to me. I hope thru that i will get some new readers. I have discovered new peeps to read as well so im excited about that. Im supposed to do an entry now and pick 5 ppl to honor also. I will next time for sure. Im still getting over a nasty cold I got from Miss D, lol. So i dont want to do too long of an entry, lol. Next time for sure though I will have my picks :) As I said before, I wanted to update you all on things and whats new. Hmm, lets see whats first, lol. Hubby is fine, working lots. Lately he has been having more night hrs which i got to get used to, lol. I think i mentioned that last time, lol. But other then that things are going great for his job :) He had a little bit of D's cold too but hes doing ok now which is good so he wont be calling in sick from work, lol. Miss Danielle though, poor babe she had that nasty cold for about a week. She still has a bit of it but its alot better now. Yeah cause it went to me, haa, lol. Well what can you do right, lol.


Report cards came out last week, i admit i was a bit nervous, lol. I think Jason was too we were both anxious to see how Miss D was doing. However im proud to say her report card was awesome. I knew it would be lol. We are so proud of Danielle. One awesome thing, her teacher commented on was that Danielle was above grade level according to the county where we live. The teacher also said she is a good writer and a sweet girl, a joy to have in class. For some reason in 1st grade they dont have letter grades like A, B or C. They do it by E for excellent, V for very good, S for satisfactory and so on. Of course Danielle got 3 E's and the rest all V's. So we are just so proud of her. There were a couple of things her teacher marked that she needs improvement on that i dont agree with and want to talk to the teacher about. There nothing bad but still want to get clarification from the teacher about it. We were supposed to have a parent/teacher conference this week on Wed. But i wasnt able to make it with being so sick. Im losing my voice on top of this cold so yeah it sucks, lol. Hopefully after D's holiday break we can talk with her teacher.So thats the news there with Danielle. Oh and tommorow is her last day of school before Turkey break, lol. I admit im soo happy we will be able to sleep in a bit for a week, lol. Plus it will be nice for D to be home. Im excited about Thanksgiving next week.




Can you all believe next week will be Thanksgiving? Geesh, lol. Where does the time really go? I dont know about you all but this yr to me has flown, lol. In a way im glad im really hoping and looking fwd to a better yr next yr. This one wasnt so bad but sitll we usually always want better huh, lol. I just cant fathom that the holidays are quickly approaching now and its time to do some Christmas shopping. lol. There's ten million things Danielle wants lmao. But of course we cant get it all for her. However I have a good feeling we will do pretty good this yr despite the way the economy is. After all to me anyway the holidays are way more then the gift giving. Its about just coming together as family & friends, just savoring the beauty of it all. Ok im rambling here, haa, lol. What else to update on, hmm, Oh we went to a car show downtown here this past Sunday. It was soo cool. I love looking at classic cars. They had cars from 57 Chevys, to Rolls Royces, Stingrays, etc. I did take some pics from my cam phone. They came out pretty good. Thought i would share them with you all. I will post them probably my next entry. Lets see what else lol, we just been busy as always, Im fighting this cold. Excited about the Thanksgiving holiday. Hoping this weekend will be eventful. I dont know what we are doing yet, everything is always up in the air, lol. Soon too i plan on doing some video blogs. So stay tuned. I havent made those in awhile. I love doing that :) I love sharing my life, what we do on a daily basis with you all. I guess thats it for now. Sorry I was hoping to share better things but really not too much going on since my last update. lol. Agian I want to thank Britt for picking me for that award & ty all for reading, for commenting and just being awesome friends, i love you all.

***Oh & on a side note. One of my closest bffs lost her job today. Its awful to lose a job anytime but during the holiday season just worse :( Not to mention she was with the company for 9 yrs :( I am just really worried & saddened for her. Please send prayers her way thanks. Oh and for those who read Angels blog called Life as I know it. Her blog is on my blog links on the right side here. Some of you may or may not know she took a internet break. She has been gone over a week now. Its a long story but as i said some of you know Angel battles from depression. She has went thru so much thru the yrs of her life. Yet has remained strong as she can thru it all. But sometimes its more then she can handle. I just miss her. I wanted to say on here how much I love and miss her. She is truly one of my true and dearest bffs. So if you do read her please go by, leave her some love, send her prayers, encourage her to come back and soon. I hope the time she is taking will help her.


Have a good night all. Love you guys. See you all soon! Leslie

5 comments:

Brandi said...

I was sooo glad Brittany picked you! Although a wee bit jelous cause I was going to. lol

AND do NOT be embarressed about having the net cut off. LIFE in general is hard right now with everything money related.

OH and I HAVEN'T USED aol phone in sooooooooo long! I forgot all about it lol.

I am so proud of Miss D. She is one smart young lady. and growing up SO FAST!

Can't wait to see who you pick.

Huuugs love!
Brandi

ps, your update went to my email this time thank gosh because you are STILL NOT showing up on my blogger I might have to delete you and readd grrr.

D said...

things are tough all over... no need to feel embarrassed. Well deserved award to, by the way :)
love ya
d

Anonymous said...

i totally understand, hon. when curt & i first moved in together, it took almost 3 months for us to save enough to get cable/internet.

i hope you are doing well, congrats on your awards!

LYN said...

congrats on the award...
yep the count down is on for the holidays now..it is offically the start of the 'silly' season in my house...LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have Internet back. I'm sure you are too!!
Aww, that was so sweet of Brittany to choose you for that award.
You have earned it.
I think that is so awesome how well Danielle is doing in school. That is great.
You got a smart girl on your hands. How proud you must be. I'm proud too.
Love ya
BFFSA
Angel