Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Thanksgiving, weekend & pics :)


Hello everyone ;) Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday evening and had a good weekend. Our was great, busy but eventful & fun. Instead of a long drawn out entry, haa, lol. I will just share the highlights of our Thanksgiving which was awesome and the most fun/memorable Thanksgiving in years! Plus highlights of our weekend and I will share pics too of course from Thanksgiving & more :)

Ok here are the highlights...


1. Thanksgiving was amazing as i mentioned. We woke up that a.m, watched the Macys parade which Danielle really loved & enjoyed. Then we all got ready to head to my mils house to visit with Jays family before we headed to my Uncles.


2. We went to my Uncles in Tampa a city about 15 min from where we live. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner there. The food was great. we had from Turkey, to pork, ham, green bean casserole, broccoli casserole, yams, bread, lasagna, rice & black beans. For dessert fudge, pumpkin pie, cheesecake, pastries & brownies.


3. The company, even better. There were over 25 people there. All my younger cousins, my mom & brother of course, both of my uncles and their families and my aunt and her family. I also got to see two cousins of mine i havent seen in yrs. There around my brother and I's age. When we were younger we all were inseperable. We were teased being called the 4 Musketeers lol. My bro and i have missed them over the years. It was a teary eyed, fun & sweet reunion. I had fun all night catching up with them. It was just an awesome, fun night. Danielle loved playing with her cousins. Almost everyone in the family danced, we laughed, and reminisced. As i said a wonderful, warm filled day.


4. Friday, the infamous Black Friday haa, lol. Danielle & just relaxed at home during the day. Yeah no getting up at 4 am shopping for me, lmao. I never go to that every yr. I guess because i used to work in retail and i recall what its like to work that day and i couldnt stand it, lol. Plus i never have the money to go anyway. We still havent Christmas shopped yet blahh. We are waiting on hubbys Christmas bonus which he should hopefully get in a week yeah. Anyhow hubby had to work that am though. But it wasnt bad for him since hes works in grocery lol.


5. After hubby got done with work, we took Danielle to my moms for her to spend time with my mom, brother & his kids. Jay and i decided to treat ourselves to a much needed date night. Ty agian Jay :) He took me out to dinner and he food was great :) Then we went to see Twilight. Hubby had no clue about this movie or the book. I had to fill him in, lol. He was pretty interested and liked it a bit. Me, i enjoyed it it was awesome to see the book come to life i guess you can say. But it wasnt as good as i hoped. Sorry to those who liked the movie, lol. I think honestly if i had watched the movie then read the book, i would have liked it better. In my opinion, they messed up too much of the story and left out a lot of the great dialogue in the book. However, still a good movie.


6. Saturday, again another busy day, lol. Jasons mom wanted to take D along with Jay gpa too, to the mall. Jays gpa wanted to buy Danielle some clothes. So we dropped D off. Then Jay and i went window shopping, had lunch. It was another fun
day. After we picked up D, she had a great time & she got some nice things from the family :) We took D out for pizza. Then after went to the Christmas house. Its this house in the city where we live. There's people that live there and i think for about 30 yrs now, they deck out there entire home with lights, diplays & more. Theres about a million lights up no lie its unreal. Its beautiful, an event in itself that every1 visits each yr. Its been featured on tv too which is cool. I have video of it from last yr. I will post it soon. We got every yr and always enjoy it. We had a nice family night :)



That was about it of our weekend. Today was more of a relaxing day, sort of, lol. Jay and i cleaned the house and took out all the Christmas decor before he had to go to work at 2 pm. We got a lot done before he went. The tree is up now, all lit. Ahh lol the best part of a prelit tree, no hassle with lights lol. I put up the lights on the windows and my Christmas window clings. All my Christmas villages are up too. Yes i just go all out, lol. The beautiful wreath is on our front door. Jay will have to put up the patio lights when he gets home tonight from work. Thats about it really. Danielle is playing enjoying her last night before going back to school tommorow. Blahh holiday break is over, lol. She had a blast we definitely did so much. I really feel D had a great Turkey break from school. Plus in 3 more weeks she will get Christmas break and thats 2 weeks long acck, lol. That will be nice too though. Well I just wanted to fill you all in about our Thanksgiving and more. So now for the pics. Im sorry in advance ;( Alot of them came out blurry. I still wanted to share though. I did the best i could with editing them. Cell pics suck, lol. Our digital cam is not working right at the moment hopefully we can get it fixed soon. Enjoy though. Have a good night all and week ahead. I will write more soon, or maybe i will surprise you all with a video blog, hmm, lol

Love to you all, Leslie


The cutey herself :)

my cousin Adrian, me, my cousin Christie & my brother

My cousin Christie & I :)

My Uncle & his family ;)

The whole family well except me and my cousins wife. We were taking the pic :)

The men in the family

the women chatting


Hubby & I taken by Danielle :)


my cousins playing Wii, lol


Danielle & I :)


Danielle with my cousin Oreana & my cousin Caelin


Danielle with Caelin


Danielle & Jay at dinner last night


The cutey patootie


the pizza yumm :)

5 comments:

D said...

wow busy weekend... glad you had so much fun... I don't do shopping on black Friday either.. just veg. Wuuu huuu on date nite LOL
Loved the pictures
hugs

LYN said...

live your uncles house!! very cool...
date nights are important huh?
have a good week..
I am reading Lisa Williams new book..you would love it..I can mail it to you when i'm done okay??

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Sounds like you all had a great holiday. Your daughter is adorable!

Date nights are always good. I think that's a big part of a good marriage.

Brandi said...

I love the pictures! sounds like you guys had a blast. I have to admit I love the movie. I can't compair it with the book. They just kick booty. : D


Huugs

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you guys had such a wonderful Thanksgiving.
We watched the Macy's Day parade as well. It a tradition.
All the food sounded so yummy!!
That's great that you got to see your cousins again.
Date night??? hmmmm, what's that??!!.. LOL... for real... I wouldn't know what a date night was.
Our version of a date night is David, Nicholas and I, going to Outback for steak dinners.... where I get to drink all the Wallaby Darned drinks I want. Oh my gosh they are soooo good. Have you ever had that drink?
You gotta try it. We always end up with the same waiter(a real nice guy who talks and jokes with us)... I always tell him to add extra vodka to my drinks. HeeHee.
And guess what..... He does!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures.... I love them all. And now.... I want a pizza!! LOL
Love ya
Angel