Monday, February 2, 2009

Rainy Monday, the Zoo & our weekend ;)

Photobucket
Hola amigos, Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a good weekend ;) We had a great one here! well its been a few days so I thought i would post since i finally have a chance to. We have been busy, busy hee, lol. Main reason being is well we got our taxes filed, then our refund money already, lol. So lets say we have been enjoying it a bit, lol. No for real though we plan to save alot of it, some of it is also going to get some major car repairs done. We normally cant afford to do that. So thank god for this money, lol. Plus take care of some bills, etc. I was just so happy when hubby received his w-2 last week with his paycheck yeah, lol. The waiting part is tough, lol. The tax filing a bit easy, at least for us thank god, lol. We did really awesome this yr a good amount of money. It seems to be more and more each yr. Lets just say we are happy, lol. Hubby was proud too how much he made that yr. Also it was unreal though how much they took out in taxes damn, lmao. But we got that all back yeah. Plus we got a few additional credits this yr. Not much money but every bit helps. I hope all of you are able to file your taxes and i hope more you all will get something. Every bit helps ;) Anyhow the rest of last week was pretty good. I honestly dont recall much of what we did since my last entry, lol. So i will start with the weekend, lol. Friday night we went to a movie, something we havent done with Danielle in a long time. We took her to see Hotel for Dogs that was so cute. There were funny parts, sweet and even makes you cry a bit. But great movie i recommend it i think anyone would love it. It had a great story. Then Saturday Jay was off from work which of course makes him happy, me too cause he sometimes doesnt have Saturdays off. We decided with the money we have and also because we havent been to this place in a long time. To take Miss Danielle to the zoo. I have tons of pics which you will see at the end of the entry and slideshow too. Yea too many pics to post in this entry itself, lmao. I took about over 60 pics, lol. Anyhow the zoo is in Tampa which is another city about 20 min from us over the bridge. It has improved so much over the years. We loved it! We had such a blast. Theres rides now, lots of more animals to see & more things to do. It was great. We are thinking of getting an annual pass. its $125 for the whole yr for us all. i think thats awesome compared to like the theme parks. Plus its near our home. So we are thinking of it. Agian yes we have this money but we are trying our hardest to be good with it this yr and not splurge. Anyway as i said it was lots of fun at the zoo. We saw from Monkeys, to orangutans, Zebras, white Tigers, Penguins, everything in between. I got some pretty good pics of them all. The best part i think we all loved was the safari ride.

You go on this tran like thing. The tour guide drives you around so you can get a closer look at the animals roaming free. We got to see Elephants, I love them, Zebras, Rhinos, Hippos, all kinds of birds, other kinds of animals i dont recall the names, lmao. Then our fav was seeing the giraffes. There were two of them that were approaching us and they came so close to my side of the vehicle it was great. They were just so curious and seemed so friendly. It was amazing. I just love animals. Danielle really loved it too. So it was a long but fun day and thank god the weather was perfect for it, lol. It was cool but not too cold, beautiful sunny day. It was also crazy at the zoo too cause of the SuperBowl. Some of you may know, our city was near the city that the Superbowl was at this yr. So yeah even in St. Pete where we live was crazy, lol. But Tampa (where the SB was) way worse lmao. Anyhow after the zoo we decided to walk around this mall nearby but that didnt last we were pooped lmao. Then we had some dinner and headed home. A great family day. Then yesterday, Jay worked the am shift. So Danielle and i relaxed at home. She painted, i played with her, she read to me which i love. A chillin Sunday. Jay got home after 4 pm, we vegged, yes we watched the game for prob 5 min, lmao. Honestly im not a football fan and didnt care for all the hype and all of the Superbowl. Nobody i liked played or won, no offense to my friends who are Steelers fans, lol. So Jay and i didnt care to watch it really. We had a nice evening though just enjoying time with D. Let see what else is going on, lol. Today Jay and i spent sometime together in the am, while D was in school of course. Jay just had to go into work here at 2 pm. We went to Walmart, browsed around, got some food & house stuff. We didnt plan on buying anything extra till, lmao. We saw this computer monitor, LCD by HP, 17 inch just beautiful, lol. We saw a 19 inch monitor too we wanted but they didnt have it in stock grr, lol. So we went for the other. its gorgeous. I just have to get used to it, lmao. I was used to our dell, bulky old monitor, lol. This one is amazing, i love it, clean, pretty picture. Just perfect. Great price too we didnt spend too much which we were happy about too. See we had debated about just getting a new comp with our money like a laptop. I really want one. But there still too pricey. They have gone down but still lol. So Jay and i figured, with a new monitor, more memory, which we will try to buy maybe tomm. It will be like a new computer, lol and way cheaper. Then i finally got myself much needed pjs, my gosh i needed pjs bad, lmao. New sneakers too. I normally dont buy shoes from Walmart but these were awesome so comfy and great price too.

That was our day. Now I'm waiting for D to get home from school and her and i will just hang tonight at home. I have to help her with her hw anyway. The rest of the week im not sure what we are doing, no major plans as far as i know, lol. Hopefully we will go to my moms to visit with them since we didnt get to this weekend. We usually visit them at least once a week but this week was hectic for us all. Hmm what else i going on, oh Danielle got an award from school. Yep she sure did! She got an award from her teacher on Friday that said Outstanding Achievement for her being on a K reading level. Basically that means she is at the highest reading level in her class. i know K level is the highest reading level to be for a 1st grader ( its basically she is at 3rd grade reading level). We are so proud of her. We are truly amazed the way she reads. Out loud or or to herself, she is addicted to reading chapter books now and she just breezes thru them. Its just awesome :) Oh and Jay may take a vacation the week well starting Valentines day. Yeah i definitely want him to have that night off, lol. He will be taking a week off. I know he is looking fwd to it he needs a break poor guy, lol. Danielle has another 3 days weekend coming up around then. We are hoping to take her to Orlando prob for the day no long vacay this yr. As i said we are trying to not go crazy with our money, lol. But we will take her maybe, to Sea world or something dont know yet. Disney is just too pricey. I love it there but really there so greedy, lol. We will see :) Anyhow i guess thats all really, lol. Nothing else too exciting going on. I wanted to share the pics though its mainly why i did this entry, lol. Hope you all enjoy them. Have a good rest of day and week all. Love you guys! Leslie

Photobucket

** Heres the slideshow, some of my fav pics are below too!
















































2 comments:

- said...

The zoo sounds and looks fantastic!
I think that I will rent "Hotel for dogs" when it comes out on DVD...It sounds like a cute family movie..and since i have a puppy I think it will be cute!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys have had a great weekend, and a good start to the week. I filed my taxes today, although I certainly won't get too much back, we're going to buy tix to AZ to go see my gram and enjoy a vacation. Everything else I get will go towards the wedding.

:]
Congrats to D on her award!