Monday, January 12, 2009

Our weekend & Birthdays :)

Photobucket

Hi everyone ;) How is your day so far? Hope well and that everyone had a good weekend :) Ours was good, relaxing but fun too. Friday night Jay, D & I went to my Moms to hang out for her bday. Her Birthday was actually the next day on Saturday but she wanted to celebrate it the night before with all of us together, her, us, my brother and his kids. (My brothers kids usually go to their Moms for the weekend.) Anyhow we had a good time, ordered some pizza, yes kept it simple, lol. Watched a movie, chatted, the kids played and then we enjoyed some yummy carrot cake. (That I made, hee, lol) It turned out good, yum. I should have taken pics i dont know why i didnt oh well, lol. Anyhow after all that we gave my mom her gifts. I still cant get over she is 50, lol. I can only imagine how she feels. But my gosh she looks just as beautiful as ever to me ;) Anyway so because she turned the big 50, lol, my brother and I had to get her some funny cards to make fun of it a bit, lol. Good thing my Mom has a great sense of humor, lmao. My brother gave her money so my mom could treat herself to a haircut. My mom has been going on and on about it for awhile, lol. Hopefully soon she will go get that done. Jay, D & i got her a couple of things. I still had money on my gift card to Kohls from Xmas. So i got her a beautiful pic frame. It has a quote on there about grandchildren and grandparents its beautiful. really nice frame. Then i put a pic in it too, it was of Danielle and my bros kids together. My Mom loved it. Then we picked out a pretty picture that she can hang somewhere in the house. So in all in all fun evening with the family.

Photobucket

Then Saturday, Jay and i got cleaning done in the am. Cleaned the house real good, organized some stuff. We have way more to do though. I have a list of things that really need to be done around here, lol. Just too much things we have saved that dont need to be saved, clutter in the closets, lol. I cant stand looking at it anymore, lol. Hopefully this week we will get some of that done. Anyhow after the cleaning we enjoyed relaxing with D. Till hubby had to work his usual night shift. Danielle and i hung out at home, we played some board games, watched a movie. Nice mommy & daughter time. Then yesterday hubby dropped D and i off at my moms. He had to work at night again, *sigh* lol. We had major laundry to do, lol. Thanks Mom. So Danielle and i hung out with my Mom for the afternoon, I got then laundry done. Then my mom bought us a chicken meal from the store for dinner. That was good, yum, lol. Then D and i got home, watched a bit of tv and then off to bed for D since she has school the next day. That was our weekend really. Like i said relaxing but fun, not too much craziness which was good, lol. This week will be fun and a bit busier, lol. Tommorow is hubbys bday! I cant believe he will be 31 lol. No Im not saying he is old but still where does time go, lol. I know hes feeling a bit old. I'm tell him, "Hunny your honestly more handsome to me then when we first met." Thats the truth. Not that he wasnt then. Its just when i first met Jason, he had a very boyish look to him, lol. He was very thin, really, shy, not very confident. Now hes bulked up, grown up and has more confidence. Anyhow I love him so much and im so proud of all he has accomplished with work the past few months. Im excited about his bday tomm. I hope he is too.

Photobucket


All though we dont have too much planned. :( Money is sadly not really here right now, *sigh* So we will make the best of it somehow. I will make him some breakfast and lunch. We will just hang out, cuddle, enjoy the day together while D is in school. Then tomm night we will go to my Moms agian for dinner. My mom is so sweet and wants to make dinner and get a cake for Jay, lol. I told Jay this and hes said, "She didnt have to, thats so nice" I think my Mom and i felt bad cause usually Jays mom plans something for Jays bday. But Jays stepdad will be out of town tomorrow. So we wont be doing anything with his fmaily till Jays stepdad gets back. I just want to make it a special day for hubby. This Friday though my mil will be watching D for us (D has no school on Friday) so hubby & i can enjoy the day together, have lunch out (after Thurs is when we will have money, lol). Then later for dinner, we will go to Mils, Jays gparents will be there also to celebrate Jays bday and Jays gmas too. Her bday is Friday. So thats or plans this wek so far. Oh and here is great news!This was a great early bday gift for hubby. He got another raise!!! Yeah sure did he found out Thurs night i believe. I am so happy and proud of him. He came home from work that night with a big smile on his face. Im asked him, "How was your night?" Then he told me about how great his evaluation went and he got another raise. I was about in tears. Things are going really great for him and his job. Really life in general im so grateful :) Thats about it I think, lol. Miss D is fine, school is going good. I think she feels better now about things with the teacher. Thanks for the advice all btw i appreciate it ;) I wrote a little note to her teacher end of last week, to see how things are and the teacher said there going great and D is speaking up more in class. D was having trouble with that for awhile. All though she chats and sings our heads off here at home, lmao.

Anyhow hope you all have a good week. Sorry for the boring entry, lol. Just not much else to really update about. I will be back soon though.
Love to you all, Leslie

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys had a good weekend! Happy Birthday to your mom!
:]

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Sounds like your weekend was nice. Your mom sounds like a great woman!

It sucks planning your life around pay day doesn't it? Our money days are Wednesdays. Lol. I hate it, but that's life I suppose. Hopefully things get better.

I hope Jason has a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your mom and hubby! I can only hope my kids write nice things about me when they grow up, you are a good daughter!
Congrats to your hubby on his raise!!!! Yay!!