Sunday, March 1, 2009

Our weekend & Danielle troubles

Photobucket

Hi everyone, *waves* Hope all of you had a good weekend. Ours was crazy, lol. Well more like yesterday was crazy but fun too. I will start off with though where i left last time i had an entry. Good news sickies are about gone for us all, lol. Well im over that damn nasty stomach bug thank god, lol. Jay is about over his cold. Miss D has been sick free for a while, *knock on wood, lol* So all is good there. Thursday night we decided to have some fun after being couped up in the house for days with me being ill and Jay too, lol. After of course Ds homework was done and all after school, we took her to the mall across the bridge where we live. We havent been to that mall in a while its really pretty and has some cool stores. We just browsed for a bit, then had dinner too. Went to one of our fav chinese places we havent been to in a long while lol. Its called Pf Changs, check out their site and see if they have one in your area. If they do i recommend you go. Its great chinese cuisine, pretty reasonable with price, depends on what you order though. Its a fancier chinese type of place. Very modern decor, really retro looking its cool. Anyhow so we had a good dinner there. Danielle even tried the rice. I was proud of her. Lately she has been more open to trying different foods thank god, lol. All though we did get her some dinner before we went to the restaurant, cause i know she wouldnt go for more then just eating the rice, lol. Hopefully next time she will at least try the Honey Chicken its so good. Thats what Jay had the Honey chicken, i had the beef and broccoli, good eats. We had a nice time at dinner, enjoying time as a fam, watching Danielle play with the chopsticks thinking their drums, lmao. Of course we told her after not do that at the table though. Even though it was pretty funny but still we want her to have good table manners. I will get to more on the manners in a bit here as we are having trouble with Little Miss D, lol.

Photobucket

Friday was report card day, lol. I admit i was excited of course to see Ds report card and a bit nervous too. LOL. I think most of us parents are nervous wondering how well our child does you know. Anyhow Jay and i spent that morning getting some laundry done at the laundry place. I know loads of fun right haa, lol. Then ran around for a bit. Rather ok i went clothes shopping. I had a coupon for one of my fav stores called Dots, i love their stuff. $10 off $30 your spend. I mean great deal right? Well sadly i couldnt even find anything that day grr, lol. Oh well maybe it wasnt meant to be. Anyhow so we get D from school, I saw instantly something was wrong. She got a yellow mark on her agenda. Basically that means her behavior not good at all that day. So yeah we found out from D that she was talking again when she wasnt supposed to in class. This happened also the other day as well. She usually always get good remarks on her agendas. Its just lately she has been acting up. She has been smart mouthing to Jay & i. Not listening, refusing to go to bed when told. Its her saying, "Im not tired, i dont want to sleep" Its been very frustraing, lmao. I am about to pull my hairs out, ok well, at least i feel like it. Anyhow though back to the report card, lol. I got off track here, lol. She did very well we were surprised and of course very proud. There were a couple of things the teacher marked i didnt understand & others I am concerned about. I am going to request a conference cause i really want to know thats going on. Things were going great for awhile. Good marks on her agenda, being good at home, listening, going to sleep with no fussing, just being well behaved. Lately opposite, i just dont know. Im at wits end, Jay is too. We have sat down with D, let her know what the deal is. Explained to her since she is a big girl now she will get big girl punishments for bad behavior in school and at home. We explained to her which means taking tv time away, play time, toys, dessert after dinner etc. Did she take that well of course not. She will throw fits, she will whine, scream, cry, not listen to what we are telling her. Like i said its been frustrating. I feel like a failure as her Mom i really do. I just wish we could figure out why she is acting out.

Photobucket

Yes even though im intuitive, lol i cant figure it all out, lol. For real intuition wise cause i know D i am thinking is she is very bored in school. I feel there not challenging her enough especially with the reading and other subjects. I think since her friend Maddie left to another school that upset her too. I feel since D doesnt have a brother or sister that makes her sad too. Thats my conclusions. We have talked to D several times she doesnt say anything i dont know. My mom has given me amazing advice. We just have to be more patient with her, be repetitive with things, stick to it. Its going to be a long trip with this, lol. All in all though like i said her report card was great, the teacher had great compliments for D, we are proud of her. She doesnt get letter grades though in 1st grade. It goes by E for excellent, V for very good, S for satisfactory, so on. She got i think 3 or 4 E's which is great, 3 or 4 V's i think. Two S's which i was kind of sad about. I knew one of the S's was coming which was in Math. She was having a tough time. In Math they have a different teacher, all of the kids do in 1st grade. They put all the kids with different teachers according to their level and how their pace is. D was like in a middle level it was going well. But Ds teacher, not her math teacher explained to Jay one morning, was that D was getting stressed. She said its not really that D isnt getting it. Its that the other kids are going at a faster pace and that was too much for D. So she is in lower, slower level for now. I know which will help her and its better for her. But im not happy either cause she is doing things she has done before so i dont know, *sigh* Anyhow thats whats been going on with Danielle. That along with stresses of other things has been taking a toll on me. I have been getting real blue cause fo it. I dont like when im that way. I havent been really depressed in yrs and havent needed anything for it. I dont want to get to that pt again. Anyway, as for the rest of the weekend, lol. Saturday Jay was off from work which of course is always great cause usually he works them most weeks. We decided spur of the moment to head out for the day and night.

Photobucket

We wanted to go to Plant City which is about 40 min from us if that to go the famous Strawberry Festival is a fair thats held every yr in Plant City thats famous for its Strawberry shortcakes, yum. Yeah sadly we didnt even get to have those im still bummed, lol. I will tell you more in a min. So we get up Sat am, we all get ready. We leave around 11 am. Go get money out of the ATM, cause we need cash for things like that, have lunch at a quick place to eat. Then go on the road. We are excited thinking we will get there about 1 pm or so. No we got there finally i think after 3, yeah 3 pm. We were on the road after 12 pm. It took us about 3 hrs to get there instead of 40 min, lmao. Can you believe that? Neither could we, lol. My poor hubby is amazing putting up with Danielle moaning she was hot, cause were sitting in traffic. With me yelling, getting angry at the traffic. Yes my damn latina temper, lol. It was miserable. My hubby was so patient thru it all. We were just going to turn around and go back home. But we figured what a bit longer once we got closer, lol. Anyhow so we finally got there, got in, was it worth that aggravation with all the traffic and wait, not really, lol. We couldnt even get strawberry shortcake cause there was lines beyond the damn door to get one, lmao. It was unreal. Good news though D got in free it was kids free day, no wonder it was a pain in the ass to get in, lol. We did manage to have fun though. We saw some animals, D went on a couple of rides. She played some games. She got addicted to this one where you throw a dart at a balloon, if it pops you win a prize. So yeah she loved that one, lol. She did good too. We snacked a bit, but didnt get too much. Its just so bad for you and expensive. I was proud of us for not going crazy on the fair food, lol. After that it was about after 7 pm, we found a place to eat near the highway and headed back home. It was a long day, lol. Today we are relaxin at home, cleaning up a bit. Jay is working the night shift tonight. Im relaxin and enjoying peaceful time with D. Not sure whats going on the week ahead, lol. My mom wants to treat me to breakfast one day so im looking fwd to that. It will be nice to have a mom & daughter breakfast together. Well, Thanks for reading my rant about things everyone, lol. Oh & one more thing I will be having a contest soon. I am seeing lots of my peeps blogs have been holding contests, lol. I thought, i should too. Heres a peek of what it will be. A chance to win a free couple of readings of your choice & some Avon goodies, maybe Bath and Body works goodies too. Sound good? Well stay tuned, lol. Have a good night all. Enjoy the pics :)

Photobucket










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry about D and her acting out. I'm not a mom, so I'm not really sure what you can do, other than staying consistent and taking her toys/movies/tv time away when she acts out. as long as you keep staying consistent, she'll get it (At least that's what SuperNanny Jo says ;) )

Sounds like you had a good weekend, yay! xo

- said...

Sorry about Danielle....but from the times I've seen her on camera she is a chatterbox! Which to be honest I think is a good thing. Well it has its downfalls but I'd rather have my child loving to socialize than be scared to talk and have social anxiety. I guess you just have to work on the right times to do so with her.

I loved the face paining photos!

Anonymous said...

Hey you you're not a failure as a mom, you are a great mom! But I can relate to the feeling. I think you're right the kids get bored in class and act out. With my kid she is good in school and then terrible at home! Its gotten to the point where we keep track of what she eats before she's bad...and it always turns out to be something bad for her (white flour or something with loads of gluten in it, bread, pasta, etc)or high sugar or aspartame. She doesnt say she feels sick, she just acts out. When I ask her if she is feeling sick, she says no. So I've been giving her digestive enzymes. It helps...not completely, but she has many less meltdowns when we remember this. I'd say keep track of what D is eating, and if there is no clue there, then just what your mom says sounds right, be consistant.

One thing that always helps my kids is when sports start up again, volleyball is starting next month and when the kid is in sports and practicing etc she seems calmer. I have a HIGH ENERGY child, but who also needs plenty of down time, does that make sense? She must get her energy out, but then she must have quiet time too.

Its hard to be a mom and harder to be a good one isnt it?!!

My oldest used to get in trouble for yapping in class, and I never really cared much about that, I was happy she was social. I know the teachers require them to be so quiet but these are kids! They must chatter! Some teachers are more tolerant than others. One year she had a terrible teacher who was boring and just unable to see what my daughters strengths were and unable to bring out the best in her. We just gritted our teeth and prayed for summer! That was the only bad year and I knew it was the teacher, not my daughter. If teachers are boring, well kids try to entertain themselves. I would definitely give D some incentives for behaving in class. Rewards always work better for my kids than punishments. Like if she is good at school all week, you will go out for ice cream (or whatever) but if she gets the yellow mark, then we will not get that reward, you know?

Glad you're feeling better!!!

LYN said...

SHE'S JUST BEING A KID..THEY GO THROUGH STAGES YOU KNOW? JUST BE CONSISTANT AND DON'T REWARD BAD BEHAVIOUR..CUT OUT THE TREATS ETC FOR A WHILE TELL HER WHEN SHE CAN BEHAVE SHE WILL BE REWARDED...DON'T MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OUT OF IT EITHER BECAUSE IT COULD BE AN ATTENTION THING..IF SHE STARTS ACTING UP WARN HER THEN PUT HER IN HER ROOM IF SHE CONTINUES AND IGNORE HER...

WAIT TILL SHE'S A TEENAGER..THEY HAVE ATTITUDES ALL THE TIME...LOL

Angel said...

I LOVE your background on here. SOOO awesome!!
I am So happy to hear that you guys are feeling so much better now.
Being sick is no fun at all.
Thanks for recommending that chinese restaurant. I LOVE chinese. I dont think there is one of those around here... the one you mentioned. Ah, that's ok... cause when I come visit you... we will have to go to that chinese restaurant for sure. and starbucks.. and have pizza.. LOL.. yeah we are going to gain so much weight.
LOL.
That is wonderful that you guys had a nice family dinner together at the restaurant. And Danielle is trying more foods now. YAY!! I know how picky her and Nicholas both are.
LOL @ Miss Danielle playing with the chopsticks.
How cute!
I totally hate when I go clothes shopping and then end up buying nothing because I cant find anything I like. That is SO aggravating.
Sounds like you had some good coupons too.

I am sorry to hear that Danielle has been difficult. As you know, I am in the same boat as you with Nicholas.
He hates bedtime too. He will say "I HATE sleeping and I dont want to go to bed"
He always gives me a hard time over bedtime.
I dread when he goes to school and has to go to bed early.
UGH.

I think that is a great idea to request a conference with Danielle's teacher to see how things are going. Let me know how it goes.

Awww, honey.. you are not a failure as a mother. Not at all. You truly are an amazing mother. Its not always easy.. this I know all too well.. and what you are feeling is normal. I think all us mothers feel this way at times.
Kids can be so difficult that is for sure. But you are doing a wonderful job as a mommy.
I think you are right about why Danielle might be acting out..... because her best friend moved and because she isnt being challenged at school enough. like she might be bored with it.
She is very intelligent.
Your mom gave you wonderful advice and you are very lucky to have her. I know you already know that but I just wanted to say that again.
Oh no... being stuck in traffic all that time sounds miserable.
Jason is such a good husband to be patient through it all.
I would have been so impatient and would have taken a huge fit.
Nicholas wouldn't be happy about it either.
That is good that it was kids day and Danielle got in for free.
that sucks ya couldn't even get strawberry shortcake.
that is so sweet that your mom is going to take you for breakfast and you can have some mom-daughter time.
you truly are blessed with such a wonderful mom.
i am so happy for you.

I LOVE all the pictures. you all look so happy.
Danielle's face painting is gorgeous!

Love you
bffsahbfbpta